Monday, June 14, 2010

The Beginning


You might be familiar with the term "365 project," a commitment to create something new every day for a year, whether it be a photo, sketch, etc. I was recently inspired by a friend to find my creative side and begin my own 365 project (check his out here). I'm going to use this blog for just that. Every day for a year, I'll post a photo of something I ate - most likely photographed prior to being eaten - that day. Some days it'll be something I made, other days not. I may love it, I may hate it, I may be induced to nausea by it...I'll be sure to let you know along the way.

My goal in all this is not only to provide some entertainment for whoever can relate to food in some way (supportive, on and off, trying to quit, etc.), but also to explore and improve photography skills and food arrangement.

So here we go.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, wow, just wow. This is fantastic. You are off to a great start! I am so glad that you are having a go at this. I hope you don't mind, but I will be linking to you from my 365 project page.
    We all have to eat every day, so you have picked a great topic. Its going to be really interesting to follow you on this one. With three meals a day and snacks, you should have lots to photograph. Also if you Google 'food photography' you will see that not too many people are doing it and that it is actually a really interesting subject..... you just never know where this might take you.
    So, welcome to the challenge and well done for making it public. Freddy and I are going to really enjoy watching this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Ben! I'm really looking forward to keeping this up and seeing where it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete